Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Weekend

First I want to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day, especially our military and their families for all they do for our country.  I can not say enough how much your service is appreciated.  For me long weekends can be good and restful and also stressful.  With the fibro, I don't have the energy sometimes to do the things my kids would like me to do for them.  And with me being the only income in a very costly economy, I can't buy the things my kids want many times, which hurts.  What really hurts is when they rather be over at their grandparents (either set) rather than being home.  And I know me stressing out over stuff is a part of it but sometimes it feels like it's me personally.  So holidays in general are tough for me.  Maybe I should just be at work instead.  At least then I would have a reason why I don't see them.  Just hope by me going back to school this fall and then possibly going to graduate school, I can then earn more money to do more things with them.  At the least, by finishing my BA at the minimum, maybe just having the satisfaction of finishing what I started almost 20 years ago will have an impact on how my kids feel about me.  And how I feel about myself, which right now I feel pretty low.  Just hard to keep it all together and feeling like I don't have much support.  Facebook has my only friends and my husband is my only emotional support.  He's been going thru depression too though so it's been someone with chronic fibro/depression trying to help someone with depression - tough!  But then I go back to being grateful, like for my opening sentence.  Our military gives us the freedom to speak, freedom to live life so then how can I feel so down when there are those who have lost their mom and dad.  Those that are overseas instead of seeing their family at all.  So I guess I'm a lucky girl afterall.  God bless my family and friends and God bless the USA.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better about you. If you like to add a badge to your site from Fibro Bloggers Directory, we will add you to 'Fibro Blogs of note'. The badge will, in the long run, help you get more traffic to your site. Thanks http://fibrobloggerdirectory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I add a badge? You'll have to walk me thru it, I'm not real good at that stuff. Or when my teen gets back maybe he can figure it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete